Research Thesis Topic
Mobile Robots in Agricultural Environments - Localisation and Navigation, Plant Identification, Picking.
Agricultural environments are generally large and have unpredictable ground surfaces. As such, mobile robots have great difficulty in navigating and localising in such environments. However, these environments also have many properties that are ideal for navigation, such as their uniformity and structure. This research attempts to trade off such advantages to create a robust mobile robot that can operate in agricultural environments. Students will require skills in field work robotics, sensor technologies, and computer algorithms.
- National Centre for Engineering in Agriculture
- School of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering
- Agriculture, Land and Farm Management
- Artificial Intelligence and Image Processing
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
Please review the admission requirements for the academic program associated with this Thesis Topic