Research Thesis Topic
GIS, Remote Sensing and Applications
The project aims to undertake high quality research in the following research areas:
• GIS, Remote Sensing and image processing for natural resource, land use and land cover changes and environmental applications.
• GIS for spatial analysis, modelling and environmental applications.
• Time series of satellite imagery and machine learning for urban dynamics modelling.
• High-quality digital terrain modelling from airborne LiDAR data for hydrologic modelling and flooding mapping.
• Integration of LiDAR and satellite image data for forest fuel loads and burning severity modelling.
• Airborne and terrestrial laser scanning for forest and environment applications.
• Deep learning/machine learning for big spatial data analysis and applications.
• Spatial-temporal analysis of high-resolution spatial data for forest disturbance and biomass dynamics modelling.
• Terrestrial laser scanning for building information modelling (BIM) and applications.
• Multi-source spatial data and CityEngine for 3D modelling and visualisation
• Applications of UAV in mining, forest, natural resource and environment.
Potential PhD or masters students interested in any of the above research issues/topics or and any topics in the above research areas are welcomed to contact Dr Xiaoye Liu (firstname.lastname@example.org) for additional information.
- School of Civil Engineering and Surveying
- Agriculture, Land and Farm Management
- Artificial Intelligence and Image Processing
- Ecological Applications
- Environmental Science and Management
- Forestry Sciences
- Geomatic Engineering
- Other Information and Computing Sciences
- Urban and Regional Planning
Please review the admission requirements for the academic program associated with this Thesis Topic