Research Thesis Topic
Assessment of waste aggregation and codigestion for increased adoption of biogas opportunities for Australian agriculture
On-farm, intensive feed and processing sectors from red meat, dairy and pork industries produce significant quantities of waste. Understanding key information gaps on waste composition and quantities in these industries is a fundamental step to fully realising the opportunities in unlocking new revenue streams to produce energy products, fertilisers, feeds and chemicals for use in agriculture.
This project will assess waste aggregation opportunities across these industries in combination with waste from municipal water treatment and explore options to integrate novel conversion technologies that increase the conversion of organic waste to energy using co-digestion.
- Institute for Agriculture and the Environment
- National Centre for Engineering in Agriculture
- School of Agricultural, Computational and Environmental Sciences
- School of Civil Engineering and Surveying
- School of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering
- Agriculture, Land and Farm Management
- Chemical Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Environmental Science and Management
- Industrial Biotechnology
- Interdisciplinary Engineering
Please review the admission requirements for the academic program associated with this Thesis Topic