Research Thesis Topic
Development of Graphene Coated Smart Fabrics for Advanced Composite Manufacturing Process Monitoring.
In the proposed study, we will use the graphene coated fabrics in key aerospace manufacturing processes to monitor important manufacturing parameters, such as, in-situ compaction, vacuum levels, extent of mould-filling, gelation, and degree of cure in a full composite manufacturing process. This novel technology can improve cycle times through faster cure cycles and help reduce product flaws in the composite produced.
• Exfoliation of graphene into reduced graphene oxide.
• Development of a coating process for glass fabrics and/or consumables.
• Conduct sensitivity measurement experiments for resin infusion process.
• Develop calibration methods for fabric compaction characterization and flow sensing.
• Integrate the pressure sensing data for real time numerical prediction of mould clamping forces and permeability.
- Centre for Future Materials
- Aerospace Engineering
Please review the admission requirements for the academic program associated with this Thesis Topic