Research Thesis Topic
Applied economics and policy issues
The broad objective of this project is to engage PhD students in research on the consequences of contemporary economic problems and issues facing individuals, households, firms, businesses, communities and governments. We are interested in both theoretical, empirical and applied research with an emphasis on policy issues within local, regional, national and international contexts.
Research proposals are invited across a broad range of applied economic issues concerned with innovation, productivity, competitiveness, growth, and health, agriculture, environmental and energy economics.
The scope of research is open to a variety of methodological approaches ranging from case studies to econometric exercises with sound theoretical modelling and empirical evidence in both longitudinal and cross-sectional settings.
The research can employ quantitative and/or qualitative methods using both primary and secondary sources of data and information. The thesis can be written in either traditional format or in PhD by publication.
The following is a list of indicative, but not exhaustive, broad topic areas on which PhD research proposals are invited:
* Agricultural, environmental and resource economics
* Sustainable agriculture and development
* Small and medium enterprises
* Business economics
* Economics of energy, water, climate and natural resources
* Resource pricing and the valuation of environmental goods;
* Cost-benefit and cost effectiveness analysis
* Economic development
* Digital economy, technological change and growth
* Broadband internet and socio-economic impacts
* Health economics and public Policy
* Economics of innovation, productivity and growth
- Australian Centre for Sustainable Business and Development
- Institute for Resilient Regions
- School of Commerce
- Applied Economics
- Communications Technologies
- Ecological Applications
- Economic Theory
- Environmental Science and Management
- Other Economics
Please review the admission requirements for the academic program associated with this Thesis Topic