Research Thesis Topic
Production of a High Nutritional Value Soybean Meal through Solid State Fermentation using Filamentous Fungi
In this project we will explore the feasibility to ferment soybean meal using a filamentous fungus under solid state fermentation. The fungus will produce cellulolytic enzymes to digest the non-digestible carbohydrate in soybean meal, leaving a higher amino acid content and a higher nutritional value.
We have all the equipments and resources to carry out this research including: autoclave, 5L Sartorius automated fermenter, GC for gas analysis and HPLC for analysis of chemicals in the fermentation broth.
- School of Civil Engineering and Surveying
- Chemical Engineering
- Environmental Biotechnology
- Environmental Engineering
- Master of Research (MRES)
Please review the admission requirements for the academic program associated with this Thesis Topic
Essential requirements include:
- Bachelor degree in chemical/environmental engineering or microbiology
- some experience in aseptic techniques and fermentation is desirable
- publication track record will be considered favourably
- strong motivation and a commitment to work hard