Research Thesis Topic
Enzymes Cocktail Production from Food Waste and its Application in the Waste Industry
In this project, we will investigate the production of enzymes from organic waste such as food waste using a filamentous fungi. Tests will involve the fermentation in liquid or solid state cultures in our laboratory. The mixture of enzymes will be evaluated for their efficiency to hydrolyze organic waste and sludge which will improve current processes.
We have all the equipments and resources to carry out this research including: autoclave, 5L Sartorius automated fermenter, GC for gas analysis and HPLC for analysis of chemicals in the fermentation broth.
- School of Civil Engineering and Surveying
- Chemical Engineering
- Environmental Biotechnology
- Environmental Engineering
Please review the admission requirements for the academic program associated with this Thesis Topic
Essential requirements include:
- Bachelor degree in chemical/environmental engineering or microbiology
- some experience in aseptic techniques and fermentation is desirable
- publication track record will be considered favourably
- strong motivation and a commitment to work hard