Research Thesis Topic
Effects of Nanoparticles on Anaerobic Digestion Trophic Groups
Anaerobic digestion is a complex multi-stage bioprocess involving various types of bacteria and methanogens for the conversion of organics to methane gas which can be harvested for clean energy production. Some recent evidence showed that the addition of some nanoparticles had positive impacts on some microbial communities which resulted in increased methane production during anaerobic digestion, but very little is known about how this happens and why. We have a gas chromatograph to analyze methane, HPLC to analyze various intermediates and a gas chromatograph coupled with mass spectrometry available in our laboratories to carry out this research.
- School of Civil Engineering and Surveying
- Chemical Engineering
- Environmental Biotechnology
- Environmental Engineering
Please review the admission requirements for the academic program associated with this Thesis Topic
Please review the admission requirements for the academic program associated with this Thesis Topic.
Essential requirements include:
- Master degree in chemical/environmental engineering or microbiology
- publication track record will be considered favourably
- strong motivation and a commitment to work hard