Research Thesis Topic
EEG Based Brain Activity Decoding For Clinical Instrumentation and Neurological Disorder Early Detection
This proposal focuses on the analysis of several types of EEG signals (such as anaesthetised, sleep and epileptic EEGs), using multi-disciplinary approaches from Computational Intelligence, Brain Modelling and Biomedical Research areas. This research will lead to
• an intelligent device that can help clinicians administer the appropriate dosages of anaesthetic drugs in real time.
• a software tool that can identify sleep stages and patterns of people who have sleep disorders
• an effective real-time diagnostic method to predict epilepsy seizures.
This proposal tackles important issues in human health. The outcomes of the research will assist the diagnoses and treatment of neurological disorders and diseases, and better clinical practice. It will benefit the community by reducing medical costs and improving the quality of people’s lives.
- School of Agricultural, Computational and Environmental Sciences
- Artificial Intelligence and Image Processing
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
Please review the admission requirements for the academic program associated with this Thesis Topic